Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June's lazy days



Veeka learns to swim


Actually, June is proving to be quite busy; had no sooner returned from Pittsburgh than my brother Rob was in for a surprise three-day visit. Of course I put him to work mowing my lawn. In the 27 years I've lived away from home, this is the first time he's visited me. Veeka of course was glad to see someone with testosterone around the house so she clung to him a lot. Now she prays for him at night, along with Carley and Lindsay.
Yes, the resumes are going out, for those of you who are curious about such things. I am also resting. Other than a three-month maternity leave, half of which was spent in sub-zero Kazakhstan, I've had no break in more than 14 years so I am enjoying this time. One top priority is getting my foot healed, which is taking longer than I'd like. I finally managed to squeeze said foot into a sandal today before hobbling about the supermarket.
Meanwhile, Veeka is busy with her swim lessons at the University of Maryland and there should be a photo here of her in the arms of an instructor as he coaxes her to float on her back. (She refused).

3 comments:

Joe hakun said...

Dear Julia Duin,
This is Joe Hakun of Philadelphia, Pa.
I made comments on your blog,called " Laid off from the Washington Times.

I sent you emails and letters last summer on how the Lord is using me here in Philadelphia.Those letters and emails included letters I sent to Mayor Nutter of Philadelphia and to a televison network reporter here in Philadelphia.
I said that I was going to send you the continuing story this summer.
This is an awesome opportunity for you. Please do not miss it.
First, please get your much needed rest.

Please get back to me.

Thank you,
Joe Hakun
joehakun1@spamarrest.com
Joe Hakun
2608 S.73rd St.
Phila., Pa. 19153

Unknown said...

Hi Julia,

Fellow D.C. journalist David Aikman suggested I contact you. We are holding a summer lecture program at our office in The National Press building in partnership with a university in San Francisco. David will be giving lectures and he suggested that I contact you to see if you would be interested in doing the same. If you are interested, don't hesitate to contact me for further information.

Sincerely,
Michelle
michelle@christianpost.com

Unknown said...

Julia,
Please keep blogging so we can follow you. Whatever God has for you, I want to keep tabs. You were a lifeline to things going on that many could not know from other sources.
God bless you.
Glen Nash