Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas in Seattle


Well, we did have a snowy time of it the first few days. My parents were biting their collective nails Tuesday the 23rd hoping we'd get there which of course we did just fine although I was ragged from putting up with 5 1/2 hours of Veeka on the plane. Because she would not take a nap. Sigh.
Anyway, we've not done much other than a few quick runs into Seattle although tomorrow (Monday) at 10 a.m. PST I am going to be on the Dave Ross show, a local talk show host, talking about "Quitting Church" and then I am going to be part of a group of 5-6 authors at a mass booksigning at Harvest Logos bookstore up on NE 85th later on in the afternoon. I've tried to rest and get some reading done but Miss Veeka has made sure I don't get a whole lot of time to myself. Although I did get a delicious hour at a masseuse in Bellevue, courtesy of my parents.
So here is Opa and Veeka in the Seattle snow, which is a lot for this time of year and nearly historic in its intensity but seeing as how the holiday could have been a lot worse but was not, I am thankful that all has turned out well.

No comments: