Sunday, February 6, 2011

February blues


We're both home sick today; Veeka with a sore throat that doesn't go away (she was tested for strep Friday but it came out negative) and me with a cold that has dragged on nearly a week. I had slated a quickie out-of-town trip to Pittsburgh for some R&R but had to cancel Friday morning when Veeka sounded especially awful. And so the steam machine in puffing away in her room.
I have four (!) collections of cold sores on my lips so I am not venturing out in public much. Am guessing I picked this little gem up at the health club because I was fine when I went in last Monday morning but by Monday night I was feeling awful. I washed my hands after touching various surfaces there but something must have latched onto me.
Things are about the same here. Have had this Post gig four weeks now and the site seems to be getting a decent amount of hits. As for the rest of the month, January was (for reasons I won't go into here) a month of false starts, cancellations and start-overs on several fronts. And the weather was awful. But at least I was not stuck on the Beltway (as was my brother Rob) during the Mother of All Traffic Jams on Jan. 26.
I did get a camera for Christmas but am still trying to figure out how to use it so until then, here's a stock photo of Miss Veeka singing in the rain.

No comments: